Michael J. Delrahim
Michael J. Delrahim is the Managing Partner of the law firm of Brown, Udell, Pomerantz & Delrahim Ltd. He has an expansive practice counseling institutions, opportunity funds, sponsors and investment managers with respect to partnerships, debt and equity placement, and real estate and leasing transactions. He also serves in-house as counsel to nationally operating real estate companies.
Complementing his transactional practice, as a member of the federal trial bar, he brings a unique perspective to representing clients in real estate acquisition, development and management, debt and equity source documentation, troubled asset workouts, and partnerships. Michael’s representation of managers, sponsors, partners and lenders is comprehensive.
Michael is a member of the Chicago Advisory Board of BBVA Compass. In recognition of his accomplishments, Michael was inducted as a Fellow into the American College of Mortgage Attorneys (ACMA) and is a member of their Diversity Committee.
He is the founder of the Chicago Real Estate Professionals, a monthly networking group that brings together nearly 1000 of the most seasoned real estate professionals to attend a facilitated panel discussion on thought-provoking topics of interest to real estate professionals. An adjunct professor of law at Chicago-Kent College of Law – IIT, he teaches Real Estate Fundamentals and Syndication and lectures extensively before business and legal forums on real estate and related topics. He is a frequent lecturer, writer and commentator on real estate topics for the local and National media.
He is licensed to practice in Illinois and the District of Columbia. He earned a Juris Doctorate degree from Chicago-Kent College of Law – IIT and a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science from the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
- Real Estate Development
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Finance & Lending
- Commercial Leasing
- Property Management
- Construction Law
- Corporate & Partnership Law
- “A Buyer’s Guide to the Role of Attorneys in Real Estate Closings.” Grant Thornton. Chicago, May 29, 2008.
- “Real Estate Closings and Post-Closing Issues.” MCLE. Brown, Udell, Pomerantz & Delrahim, Ltd. Chicago, August 28, 2007.
- “Title Commitments and Policies.” MCLE. Brown, Udell, Pomerantz & Delrahim, Ltd. Chicago, September 21, 2007.
- “Real Estate and Land Surveys.” MCLE. Brown, Udell, Pomerantz & Delrahim, Ltd. Chicago, September 14, 2007.
- “Zoning and Related Issues.” MCLE. Brown, Udell, Pomerantz & Delrahim, Ltd. Chicago, September 7, 2007.
- “Letter of Intent, Purchase Contracts and Third Parties.” MCLE. Brown, Udell, Pomerantz & Delrahim, Ltd. Chicago, August 31, 2007.
- “Failed Banks and Loss Shore Agreements.” Chicago Real Estate Professionals. Chicago, June 21, 2012.
- “Balancing the Legal Risks and Business Aspects in Complex Real Estate Transactions.” Chicago Real Estate Professionals. Chicago, August 16, 2012.
- “Commercial Loan Workouts: What Works and What Doesn’t.” Chicago Real Estate Professionals. Chicago, October 18, 2012.
- “Real Estate Industry Collaboration: Creating Strategic Business Alliances with Women and Minority Business Enterprises.” Chicago Real Estate Professionals. Chicago, January 24, 2013.
- “Anatomy of a Foreclosure.” Chicago Real Estate Professionals. Chicago, February 28, 2013.
- “Meet Chicago’s Real Estate Media: A Distinguished Panel of Reporters.” Chicago Real Estate Professionals. Chicago, March 28, 2013.
- “Real Estate: Where is the Opportunity Set Globally Today?” Opal Financial Group Conference. Boston, October 8, 2013.
- “How Hedge Funds Operate in the Mezzanine Space.” iGlobal’s 6th Real Estate Mezzanine Financing Summit. New York, May 6, 2015.
Bar Admissions & Memberships
- Northern District of Illinois
- District of Columbia
- Law School: Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Undergraduate: University of Wisconsin, Madison