Andrew A. Jacobson
Andy is an experienced trial lawyer who represents a broad range of clients, from individuals to Fortune 500 corporations, in litigation matters requiring a range of expertise, including contract, tort, RICO, ERISA, IP, Real Estate, Bankruptcy, and Officer and Director Liability. Andy is rated AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell’s highest peer recognition for ethical standards and legal ability, and has a track record of achieving highly favorable outcomes by trying cases for both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts, as well as through arbitration and mediation. Prior to joining BUPD, Andy practiced at his own firm. From 1992 to 2008, Andy was an Associate, and then Equity Partner, at Jenner & Block, LLP.
Andy has represented clients in an array of industries including telecommunications, manufacturing, real estate and financial services. He regularly provides pre-litigation and business counseling services to clients in a broad range of business disputes, situations, and opportunities.
Andy also has served as faculty for accredited trial and deposition continuing legal education courses to hundreds of licensed attorneys as an instructor for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy; and has developed and presented document retention and destruction seminars for Lorman Educational Services and for the Corporate Legal Times SuperConference.
Bar Admissions & Memberships
- Admitted, United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (including Trial Bar)
- Admitted, United States Court of Appeals, First, Seventh, and Federal Circuits
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Law School: J.D., Summa Cum Laude, University of Illinois College of Law, 1992
Topics Editor, University of Illinois Law Review, Order of the Coif
- Undergraduate: B.A., Summa Cum Laude, Loyola University of Chicago, 1986