Michael S. Pomerantz
Michael Pomerantz is a founding partner of Brown, Udell, Pomerantz & Delrahim, Ltd. Since graduating from Northwestern University School of Law in 1990, Michael has counseled and represented numerous prominent clients on matters ranging from complex commercial litigation and dispute resolution to sophisticated transactional and corporate matters, including: acquisitions; dispositions; mergers; enterprise organization, structuring, and restructuring; financing; leasing; labor and employment issues; and workouts. Michael’s clients include national and international real estate developers, investment groups, private equity funds, lenders, financial institutions, insurance companies, manufacturing companies, consulting companies and other privately-held businesses.
Michael’s practice is focused on achieving the particular needs and goals of his clients, rather than standard legal convention, and he often serves as outside general counsel for his clients. He has also successfully represented clients in both federal and state courts, as well as in arbitrations, mediations, and alternative dispute resolutions. Michael has been featured on CBS’s 60 Minutes and several local television newscasts, and has been quoted in Crain’s Chicago Business.
Michael received a business degree from Indiana University, cum laude, in 1986, and his law degree from Northwestern University in 1990. He is a member of the Northwestern Club of Chicago and serves on the Executive Boards of several privately-held companies. Michael has three children, and has coached them in football, soccer, and baseball. He also enjoys travel, skiing, tennis, golf, motorcycling and martial arts.
- Complex Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate Acquisition, Investment and Development
- Business organization, structuring, planning, and financing
- Commercial Leasing
- Construction Law
- Corporate & Partnership Law
Bar Admissions & Memberships
- State of Illinois Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals For The Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Law School: Northwestern University
- Undergraduate: Indiana University, cum laude